For larger quantity purchase of 5 or more units,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us here,
or call us directly at 1(800) 832-0060.
MT-93 is Meiji Techno’s Entry level Polarizing Compound Microscope. Equipped with a rotatable 135 mm round metal stage with two stainless steel clamps and vernier graduations and a allen locking screw. The MT-93 is our best buy for a student polarizing microscope that is affordable and portable.
The MT-93 is built on a cast aluminum stand that has been designed to have a stable footprint. It has a small compact frame that saves laboratory bench space without compromising optical quality. A new optical standard of precision optics is found in the MT-93 advanced student microscopes for entry level budding geologist looking at tremolite thin sections for the first time. Thin sections are made from small slabs of a rock sample glued to a glass slide (~1 inch by 2 inches), and then ground to a specified thickness of 0.03mm (30 microns). At this thickness most minerals become more or less transparent and can then be studied on the MT-93 microscope using transmitted light. These proven, durable microscopes will withstand the constant scratching, battering, student wear and tear a student microscope endures from day to day use. The rugged cast aluminum base is designed with stability in mind, but compact in design to fit most cabinets. The objective turret nosepiece is in reverse position to permit easier changing and positioning of specimen slides and to protect the objective lenses. The Halogen illumination with intensity control provides optimum image brightness for darker thin sections viewed. Ergonomic Hand Grip for portability and ease of storage. The magnification of this Binocular Polarizing Compound is 40x, 100x, 400x, 1000x.
Ideal for Entry level Geology use, this microscope is used by K-12, Middle School and High School Laboratory. These student microscopes are built to last, year after year.
• Dust Cover for MT-90 Series
• Rubber Eyeguards for the MT-90 Series (paired) included
• MT-90 Series Meiji Techno Instruction Manual included
- Binocular 45° inclined tube
- Interpupillary distance adjustment 54-75mm
- 360° degree rotatable
- Achromatic DIN Semi-Plan 4x, 10x, S40x, S100x objectives spring-mounted
- All optical parts are anti-fungus treated
- Revolving quadruple reversed nosepiece on ball-bearings
- 135 mm round metal stage
- Vernier with Allen locking screw
- Locked-on spring loaded stage clip
- Analyzer is fitted in a slider
- A swing-out polarizer fits the light collector lens
- 360° graduations rotatable
- Coaxial coarse and 200 µm fine adjustments, 2 µm precision
- Friction adjustment
- Rack and pinion focusing with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- "Slip-clutch" system protects against over-focusing
- Halogen 20 Watt adjustable illuminator
- Rugged, cast metal frame
- White enamel paint finish
- Microscope Height:
- Base width:
- Molded styrofoam container with eyeshields and vinyl dustcover.
- Individual: Ship wt. 15 lbs. (6.8 kgs)
- Dimensions 21 x 15 x 11 in.
- Shipping Box Size: 21 x 15 x 11 in.
4X, 10X, 40X, 100X
360 degree rotatable 135mm diameter stage